The day has arrived... The freewebstore team is proud to announce the launch of the FANTASTIC side-by-side checkout!
Our team has been working day and night, gathering feedback from our users and engaging with experts in the field. We believe we’ve developed a checkout that we're sure will improve YOUR sales.
I'll be discussing the reason as to why we've created it and talking about the fantastic benefits.
So, why have we created it?
Simply put, to improve YOUR conversion rates and reduce YOUR abandoned carts. Our shared values mean that if you're happy, we're happy. Increasing your sales and conversions will go a long way to achieving our shared goal.
Ok, what are the key benefits?
After many months of rigorous planning, development, and testing - we believe we've developed a checkout that is not only visually pleasing but will result in an increase in conversions.
Mobile shopping has increased year-on-year - over 62% of smartphone owners have made a purchase using their smartphone in the past 6 months (Justin Smith, 2016).
- The new side-by-side checkout has been designed using the ‘mobile first’ technique - resulting in a solid and fully responsive checkout, the pinnacle of mobile perfection.
- Shopper’s payment and shipping input fields have been optimized for use on a mobile - using touch not click.
- Buttons are reachable by thumb. We’ve kept the number of fields to an absolute minimum too and have reduced the length to 16 pixels wide on so that the page fits beautifully on a mobile.
- We’ve used HTML 5 set correct input tries, which means that whether a text, number or email is required, the correct keyboard appears on mobiles.
- Autocomplete tags for inputs have been introduced, meaning that shoppers can use autocomplete if they have typed their address in previously - saving time.
The new side-by-side checkout is secured using 256-bit SSL encryption. This is clearly displayed with the aim of improving shopper confidence and reducing anxiety, with the aim of getting you that all important sale!
Slick & streamlined design
The new checkout looks equally as good on the desktop as it does on mobiles!
27% of people abandoned their cart if the checkout was too long/complicated. The free flowing and smooth design will make sure even the laziest customer won’t have any complaints - increasing the chance of a sale!
- Tab index on all HTML elements that the user can easily tab through the input fields
- One colored button per section on the most important action means the user can easily identify what is next.
- Customizable color and skins - to help fit in your with corporate colors and encourage creative freedom!
- Displaying the costing at each stage of the checkout process - so to avoid the unwanted surprise at the end.
- Additional Instructions (optional feature). Store owners can enable this input field to allow customers to input additional instructions and comments.
- The ‘Add Coupon’ section is collapsed to prevent coupon harvesting. Thus increasing your profit margin.
- Registered companies based in the EU can now provide their VAT number at checkout to remove the VAT from their order. VAT numbers are validated in real time and are made available to the store owner for accounting purposes, once the transaction is completed.
Works great with Stripe
The new checkout is the perfect chance to make the most of the payment merchant Stripe.
Stripe allows for card payments to be made directly on your storefront, without the need to be transferred to a third party site. Embedding the Stripe platform into the new checkout adds to the fast and smooth checkout experience that will leave your customers wanting to order more and more!
Best of all - it's completely FREE!
Yes, really! Our fantastic new side-by-side checkout is available to ALL of our freewebstore store owners at no additional cost!
How do I activate?
The freewebstore developers have done a fantastic job creating it - now they want you using it, we don't want to upset them, do we?!
You can enable the fast, reliable and secure checkout in one click, by visiting your freewebstore control panel here.