We've listened to customer feedback, conducted lots of research and, after a couple of late nights, we're delighted to be able to introduce Apple Pay to our store owners!
Apple Pay is becoming more and more popular around the globe, with usage growing a massive 450% Y-O-Y! Our integration provides your customers more control, payment options and that added trust that comes with the Apple brand, this seemed to be the natural thing to do.
We're here to give you a brief lowdown on who Apple Pay is available to and how to set up Apple Pay on your store!
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay offers an easy, secure, and private way to pay online with an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac, without having to create an account or log in. When you make a purchase, Apple Pay uses a device-specific number and unique transaction code, for added security.
More information on Apple Pay is available here.
Who can use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is powered by our payment partner, Stripe. Store owners who have enabled Stripe on their store and are based in one of the following countries will be able to take advantage of Apple Pay on their stores:
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- France and;
- Hong Kong
The number of countries Apple Pay is available to is increasing all the time. As soon as Apple Pay is available in more countries, we'll be sure to let you know! If you do see your country listed there and don't have a Stripe account, you'll need to set one up in order to utilize the feature.
More information on Stripe and the other fantastic benefits is available here.
How can I set-up Apple Pay on my store?
Existing freewebstore users, no need to worry - it's very, VERY straightforward to set-up Apple Pay on your storefront!
1. Log in to your control panel.
2. Head over to ECommerce > Checkouts section.
3. Select the 'Edit Settings' button on Stripe
4. Make sure you have enabled Stripe > Select the 'Enable Apple Pay' button > Save Settings
Yep, that simple! We've done the backend work for you so once you've selected the enable Apple Pay button, you're good to go!
What will my customers see?
Ok, so only customers who have an eligible device, with the latest version of iOS and using the Safari browser will have the option to pay with Apple Pay. For those customers who do not meet the criteria, the 'Apple Pay' feature will be hidden from view, pretty cool eh?!
1. When your customer is ready to checkout they'll be greeted by the 'Continue to Payment' page.
2. Customers who have set Apple Pay up and are using an eligible device will see the option to checkout using Apple Pay, below the credit card option. Note: If your customer hasn't enabled Apple Pay or is using an ineligible device, this option will not appear.
3. If they choose to select the Apple Pay payment method, a pop-up will appear highlighting the card used and the amount payable. The customer simply needs to enter his/her passcode or scan their fingerprint to authorize the payment:
And there you have it - you're all good to go!
We hope this has helped shed some light on our Apple Pay integration. We hope, by integrating with Apple Pay, that this provides more payment options for your customers (allow your customer to stay in control), reducing your abandoned carts and encouraging customer retention. Any questions, please write them in the comment box and we'll gladly answer them :)